Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

Book: Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend (Book #2 in the Confessions series)
Author: Louise Rozett
Book #1's Rating: 3.75/5 stars
Rating: 4.25/5 stars- fun, relaxing, and just plain old good classic contemporary


Synopsis (from Goodreads): 

Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.

When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.


Review:

Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend started out as a causal read for me. A library book I could throw in my bag without being scared of damaging it, and a book with a cover that I could read in class without people giving me looks.
(What, don't deny it, say if you brought say Origin by Jennifer Armentrout to class, there's NO WAY that your classmates WON'T give you looks.)

However, as I read on, I began enjoy the book more and more, and just completely begin to FEEL for these characters! There was so much more character depth in this novel than the previous one, the characters were so much more interesting and intricate. Just... wow.

I really fell in love with Rose's character this time- growing stronger and really trying to improve and find her place in this world. She acted how I probably would've. She was fun to go through the entire book with, you were cheering her on, urging to throw a punch or something, being sad with her, and maybe melting a little with her.

Just a little.

I feel like the plot follows a very similar structure, which is fine, because really I never had a problem with it in the first place- although I hope the next book starts exploring new themes and ideas- maybe about the new start in Rose's life, etc. I think the bullying topic has been quite exhausted.

Really, the most intriguing thing and the thing that caught with me and resonated with me the most in this novel are ALL the characters. There is no shallow passerby character. They are all there for a reason. And they ALL HAVE DEPTH. They were so realistic, weaving in and out of Rose's life like how it would actually happen in reality.

To sum it up, I would say that I would be happy to go back to this series when the third book is out and see what is up next for Rose Zarelli. It's a fun, cute, delightfully charming and a really engrossing read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Thoughts of a Hopeless (Book) Romantic Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template